PRIVATE VISA (HOMESTAY VISA)
It’s recommended that the US citizens apply for a 3-year multiple-entry private visa regardless of the dates of entry/exit, number of entries or period of stay actually stated in the invitation or notarized written statement from the hosting individual.
When applying for a 3-year multiple-entry private visa, please indicate a three year period of stay in the visa application form.
I. When applying for a multiple three year Private Visa, in addition to the visa application form, US passport, one standard picture, money order (see points 1-4 of Information on visas) an applicant must have:
- Notarized written statement from the hosting individual, which should give the surname, first name, patronymic, date of birth, citizenship, sex, passport number, address of registration, and address of the actual residence of the hosting individual, as well as the surname, first name, other names, date of birth), citizenship, sex, passport number, multiplicity of the visa, purpose of travel, requested period of entry, location of intended residence of the visa applicant; and the cities to be visited.
The Consulate General in San-Francisco also has the right to call the applicants for an interview and request, if needed:
• a bank statement from the applicant;
• a statement from the employer regarding the applicant's wages for the preceding year/ half year, or month;
• medical insurance valid in the country to be visited and fully covering the period of the first trip;
• documents regarding the applicant's ownership of property in the country of his citizenship;
• a certificate on the makeup of the applicant's family.
II. Private visas for the relatives (husband, wife, minor child) of the Russian Citizen who has residency in the US.
If your wife or husband is a Russian Citizen with valid Russian Foreign Passport and US residency and you intend to travel to Russia together she\he may submit special application to the Consulate to issue Private Visa for you or (and) your joint minor child.
Visa processing time for this type of visa application is not less than six business days (no express service).
This type of visa can be valid for the period up to three months only.
RUSSIAN CITIZEN - APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT APPLICATION IN PERSON ONLY
• Special application to the Head of the Consular Division
• Copy of the valid Russian Foreign Passport of the applicant-Russian citizen and document confirming her\his US residency (Green Card, US Passport).
• Original or copy of Marriage Certificate or Child's Birth Certificate.
• Original or copy of Russian or US Court Decision with full custody over the child has to be submitted only if visa applicant-Russian Citizen is not a biological parent.